Day Trip in Antwerp from Brussels
Language: English, French, Spanish
Duration: 9 hours
- With your guide, take a dayjourney by rail from Brussels to Antwerp.
- Explore a lovely old city with magnificent architectural structures.
- Learn about the history of diamond cutting.
Make the most of your time in Brussels by meeting your guide in the Grand Place de Bruxelles, just in front of the city hall, and embarking on a tour to visit Antwerp.
The great baroque painter Peter Paul Rubens was born in the country's second-largest city. You may also see two of the master's most magnificent works at the country's largest Gothic church. You will also learn about the history of the diamond quarter and its diamond cutting culture during this trip.
You may wonder at several points of interest in this town where the fusion of distinct architectural styles from various eras of time coexists, such as:
The Central Train Station, also known as the “iron cathedral”.
The diamond district
“The Meir”, Antwerp’s main shopping street
The “Meir Palace”, a Rococo mansion that was Napoleon’s palace
The marketplace, the guildhalls, and the City Hall
Cathedral of Our Lady, the largest Gothic church in the Low Countries. Admire four masterpieces of Paul Peter Rubens
Saint Charles Borromeo Church, a jewel of Baroque
“Het Steen”, a medieval castle located in the city’s ancient port, where you can admire the Scheldt River
- 9-hours walking tour
- Expert guide
- Round-trip train ticket from Brussels to Antwerp and back
- Free time included
- Food and drink
- All extras not explicitly mentioned to the partner (museum entry ticket, boat tour...)
- There is a minimum of 6 people per booking
- It is suggested to wear comfortable walking shoes and to bring a bottle of water with you
- Grand-Place, Grote Markt, Bruxelles, Belgique
- Meet up with the guide on the Grand Place of Brussels, in front of the city hall. The guide is easily noticeable thanks to his white umbrella with the Bravo Discovery logo.
- Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.