Favela da Rocinha in Rio de Janeiro
Language: English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese
Duration: from 27 hours to 28 hours
- With your guide, explore Rocinha, Latin America's largest favela.
- Get a glimpse into the community's daily life.
- Learn about culture, social and sustainable development from your tour guide.
This excursion will take you to Rocinha, Latin America's largest "favela." A favela is a Brazilian equivalent of a slum. You'll be able to see the community's daily routine and take a tour around the alleys with your guide.
-Hotel/port pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Rua Dionéia próximo ao 4 - Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22451-265, Brazil
Pickup is available from most major hotels in the zones Barra, Centro, Flamengo, Sao Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana or the cruise ship port.
What to Remember
-This tour is not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- During checkout you'll be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel for pickup.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 1 day before, you can still receive a 50% refund.