Gavea Rock Hiking Tour
Language: English, Spanish, Portuguese
Duration: Up to 7 hours
- Climb one of Rio's most iconic mountains for panoramic views of the entire city.
- Get a bird's eye view of the city's most prominent landmarks.
- An encounter that is both physically and spiritually satisfying.
The Gavea Rock Hiking Tour is one of Rio's most unique and enjoyable excursions. The top is 842 meters (2763 feet) above sea level. The climb takes about two and a half hours, and you'll undoubtedly feel butterflies as you get closer to the summit. There is little to fear save a 15m (49ft) steep but brief scramble and a few walks on the edge of precipices. It's all completely safe and doable for folks of varied physical fitness levels. The views of Tijuca Forest, Pedra Bonita favela, Rocinha favela, So Conrado beach, Cristo Redentor, Sugar Loaf, Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon, and Barra da Tijuca from the top are simply breathtaking.
- Professional tour guide
- Safety equipment
- Food and beverages
Pick-up at your hotel.
What to Remember
-Please contact the local operator at least 48 hours before your tour date to arrange your pick-up. You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Hiking duration is approximately 2.30 hours and is considered an advanced hike with a bit of light climbing.
- We recommend you to wear light clothes and hiking shoes. Bring a small backpack with water, snacks, sunscreen, a cap or hat and money for any extras that you might want.
- The tour date might change depending on weather conditions and other variables.
- The tour is recommended for people over 12 years.
Daily at 8.00am
Blackout dates: 24/25/31 December, 1 January
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.