Morretes Guided Excursion by Train with Typical Lunch
Language: English, Spanish, Portuguese
Duration: Up to 9 hours
- Take a trip down memory lane on the Paranaguá-Curitiba Railway.
- From the train, take in the breathtaking scenery.
- Visit Morretes and Antonina's historic centers.
- Enjoy a traditional Barreado lunch.
The journey starts with a train ride from Curitiba to Morretes. You will travel through the Serra do Mar ecological reserve on the centenary railway, which was built in the nineteenth century. Enjoy a historic train ride on the Paranaguá-Curitiba Railway, which was inaugurated in 1884 by Princess Isabel. When you arrive in Morretes, you will be impressed by its colonial houses, craft market, and churches. Following that, you'll stop for lunch on the banks of the Nhundiaquara River to sample a Barreado (a traditional Paraná dish consisting of several cuts of beef slowly cooked over 12 hours on a clay pan).
-Roundtrip transfer to most hotels in Curitiba
- Tour guide (Portuguese/English/Spanish)
- Train tickets to Morretes (touristic class wagons categories, Portuguese speaking guide on board, snacks included)
- City tour in Morretes and Antonina
- Visit to the Hisgeopar Park
- Lunch: Barreado (slowly cooked in a clay pot for several hours), served over rice and with sliced bananas, oranges, and manioc flour. On the side, a breaded fish is also served
- Beverages and dessert
-Children 3-12 years old
- Free for infants 0-2 years old
Pick-up at your hotel.
What to Remember
-Please contact the local operator at least 48 hours before your tour date to arrange your pick-up. You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Return is on bus by road on Estrada da Graciosa, expected to arrive in Curitiba at 4.30pm. For your safety, in case of adverse weather conditions, the return will be made by the BR-277 road.
Depending on the season (see calendar) at 7.00am
Blackout dates: 24/25/31 December, 1 January
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.