Pelourinho Guided Tour
Language: English, Spanish, Portuguese
Duration: Up to 4 hours
- Take a professional guide's tour of Salvador's main attractions.
- Pay a visit to the Farol da Barra lighthouse.
- Take in the beauty of Pelourinho, the city's historic center.
- See the So Francisco Church and Convent, a major expression of Brazilian Baroque.
The tour begins at the Fort of Santo Antonio da Barra, which was built in 1536 to protect the Bay of All Saints. 162 years later, it received a lighthouse, the "Farol da Barra," to guide ships approaching the coast. The lighthouse is still operational. The next stop will be at So Diogo Fort, from which you can enjoy a breathtaking view of All Saints Bay (stop for 10 minutes approximately). You will pass through the Vitória Corridor, Largo do Campo Grande, and 7 de Setembro Avenue. The tour continues to the Pelourinho (Salvador's historic center), stopping at Municipal Square, which has a panoramic view of the Lower City, and Sé Square, which houses the ruins of Brazil's first basilica. Then you'll see the So Francisco Church and Convent, one of the most important examples of Brazilian Baroque architecture (You will have about 30 minutes to visit the church; entrance ticket not included).
-Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tour guide (English/Portuguese/Spanish)
-Ticket to Barra Lighthouse Museum (BRL 15.00)
- Ticket to S. Francisco Church (BRL 5.00)
- Ticket to other attractions
- Food and drinks
-Children 3-12 years old
- Free for infants 0-2 years old
Pick-up at your hotel.
What to Remember
-Light clothes and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Please contact the local operator at least 48 hours before your tour date to arrange your pick-up. You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 8.00am
Blackout dates: 24/25/31 December, 1 January
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.