Columbia Icefield Full Day Adventure Tour from Banff
Duration: Up to 8 hours
- View the magnificent glacial landscape from the world-famous Icefield Parkway.
- Take in the breathtaking views from Bow and Peyto Lakes.
- Admire Crowfoot Glacier and learn more about its significance and history.
On a day excursion from Banff, visit the Canarian Rockies and Jasper National Park, Canada's largest national park!
Begin your journey by crossing the Icefield Parkway, one of Canada's most beautiful and rewarding drives. This world-class adventure runs 232 kilometers (144 meters) into the heart of the Canadian Rocky Alpine Parks World Heritage Site, providing access to a huge environment of pristine mountain lakes, old glaciers, and large sweeping valleys.
Stop at Bow Lake, the source of the Bow River, which flows south through Calgary and into the Oldman River, eventually reaching Hudson Bay. Choose to travel the Athabasca Glacier in a Snocoach, a huge ice explorer, before heading to Peyto Lake for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It has a peculiar milky blue tint that changes with the seasons and time of day. Finish your tour to Crowfoot Glacier, which was named by the shape of the glacier when it was discovered.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation via air-conditioned coach
- National Park fee
- Columbia Icefield Ice Explorer entrance ticket (if selected)
- Gratuity for the driver and guide (Suggest CAD$10 per person per day)
- Personal expense and meals (lunches & dinners)
Children (age 0-15)
138 Banff Ave, Banff, AB T1L 1A7, Canada
At Mount Royal Hotel.
What to Remember
- Choose the Upgraded tour option to access the Columbia Icefield ice explorer.
- If Peyto Lake is closed, it will be replaced by Waterfowl Lake.
- Please be ready at the meeting location 5-10 minutes prior to the pick-up time as the tour will start on time.
- Check the weather forecast before your arrival because the temperature can drop dramatically at night.
- It is suggested to bring a warm coat, sunscreen, sun protection, and toiletries.
- Sightseeing points and stop time are subject to weather condition.
- If closure of any sightseeing point occurs, it will be replaced by other points.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.