Columbia Icefield Full Day Adventure Tour from Calgary
Duration: Up to 8 hours
- Take a glacier journey on a specially designed ice explorer.
- Take in the scenery of magnificent mountain lakes and historic glaciers amid a huge wilderness.
- The world-famous Icefield Parkway takes you through a magnificent glacial scenery.
Enjoy a full-day excursion from Calgary to the Canarian Rockies and Jasper National Park to learn about Canada's largest national park in a new way!
Cross the Icefield Parkway, one of Canada's most rewarding places and national treasures. The road runs for 232 kilometers (144 miles) through the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks World Heritage Site, and you will get the opportunity to see a vast wilderness of pristine mountain lakes, old glaciers, and large sweeping valleys while on the journey.
Reach Bow Lake, the headwaters of the Bow River, which flows south through Calgary before joining the Oldman River and eventually reaching Hudson Bay. You can add an extra activity to your tour here, such as exploring the Athabasca Glacier in a Snocoach, a gigantic ice explorer. Admire the milky-blue Peyto Lake waters and make your way to the Crowfoot Glacier, which was named by its shape when it was discovered.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation via air-conditioned coach
- National Park fee
- Columbia Icefield Ice Explorer entrance ticket (if selected)
- Gratuity for the driver and guide (Suggest CAD$10 per person per day)
- Personal expense and meals
Children (age 0-15)
888 7 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3J3, Canada
At Sandman Signature Calgary Downtown Hotel.
What to Remember
- Choose the Upgraded tour option to access the Columbia Icefield Ice Explorer.
- If Peyto Lake is closed, it will be replaced by Waterfowl Lake.
- Please be ready at the meeting location 5-10 minutes prior to the pick-up time as the tour will start on time.
- Check the weather forecast before your arrival because the temperature can drop dramatically at night.
- It is suggested to bring a warm coat, sunscreen, sun protection, and toiletries.
- Sightseeing points and stop time are subject to weather condition.
- If closure of any sightseeing point occurs, it will be replaced by other points.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.