Drumheller and Horseshoe Canyon Tour from Calgary
Language: English, Chinese
Duration: 8 hours
- Take a full-day adventure to Drumheller Valley.
- Observe massive hoodoo rock formations up close.
- Learn about the prehistoric species who roamed the plains outside of the capital of Alberta.
Drumheller Valley offers a one-of-a-kind combination of breathtaking beauty and exciting activities.
Begin your journey at Horseshoe Canyon, a "U"-shaped canyon sculpted by glaciers and surrounded by golden prairie. After that, you can go to the Royal Tyrrell Museum, which houses 10 signature paleontology galleries. Inside the museum, there are 40 dinosaur skeletons on display, along with over 110000 fossil specimens. Little Church, a place of worship and meditation, is a good place to start. In 1968, local contractor Trygve Seland, in collaboration with the Pastoral Association, built this church, which was later reconstructed by prisoners of the Drumheller Institution in 1991.
Learn more about the history of the Suspension Bridge by visiting it. The Star Mine coal workers needed a bridge, thus it was built in 1931. Finally, visit the Drumheller hoodoos, which are worldwide recognized as Alberta badlands symbols. The firm, sturdy capstones, made of sand and clay from the Horseshoe Canyon Formation, protect the softer, underlying base, giving them their unique mushroom-like shape.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation via air-conditioned coach
- Royal Tyrrell Museum entrance ticket (if selected)
- Gratuity for the driver and guide (Suggest CAD$10 per person per day)
- Personal expense and meals
Children (age 0-15)
708 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1H2, Canada
At Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Calgary Downtown
What to Remember
- Choose the Upgraded tour option to access the Royal Tyrrell Museum.
- Please be ready at the meeting location 5-10 minutes prior to the pick-up time as the tour will start on time.
- Check the weather forecast before your arrival because the temperature can drop dramatically at night.
- It is suggested to bring a warm coat, sunscreen, sun protection, and toiletries.
- Sightseeing points and stop time are subject to weather condition.
- If closure of any sightseeing point occurs, it will be replaced by other points.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.