Palo Verde National Park Tour
Duration: From 4 hours to 8 hours
- A boat tour on the Tempisque River.
- View rare wildlife.
- Trapiche exhibition in a sugar mill.
- A visit to the Sabaneros cowboy ranch.
The fertile lands of Palo Verde National Park, nourished by the River Tempisque, provide a haven for a dizzying array of exotic birds and other wildlife. And this excursion provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity to visit the reserve, which is world-renowned for its biodiversity and natural beauty.
We are the only boat on the river at this time of day, so you will have exclusive views of the numerous nesting birds – there are numerous heron species – hollering monkeys, iguanas, and even crocodiles basking on the riverbanks.
Following that, you'll witness and participate in a trapiche, a centuries-old sugarcane processing method. You'll make your own local snacks like tortillas, which you'll wash down with a cup of world-famous Costa Rican coffee. Then it's time to go on a tour of the Casa de Sabaneros. Sabaneros, also known as "cowboys of Guanacaste," evoke the Old West with their sun-bleached skin and wide-brimmed hats.
- River cruise
- Fresh fruit
What to Remember
-Not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- Not suitable for guests who suffer from travel sickness.
- Bring insect repellent.
- Bring a hat.
- Bring suitable footwear.
- Food not included.
- Subject to weather conditions.
- This is one of our TUI Collection excursions, which give you a local flavour of the destination while showcasing its unique, authentic and responsible values.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.