Palo Verde River Ride
Duration: From 4 hours to 8 hours
- Learn about Palo Verde National Park.
- A ride on the Tempisque riverboat.
- Pay attention to wild animals in their natural habitat.
- Photograph crocodiles, monkeys, and other animals.
- Pay a visit to a typical Costa Rican farm.
This boat ride on the River Tempisque provides an introduction to the vast Palo Verde National Park. You'll be able to explore its biodiverse habitats and see animals like crocodiles and monkeys.
Palo Verde is so large that it encompasses a wide range of terrains, including swamps, savannahs, and rainforests. The river runs for 144 kilometers through the park and is by far Costa Rica's longest. Your guide will point out wildlife such as white-faced monkeys, howler monkeys, snakes, iguanas, and bats as you cruise along its waters. Keep an eye out for crocodile eyes peering out from beneath the murky waters.
It's also a birdwatcher's paradise. The park has seen over 300 different types of birds, including flamingos, herons, spoonbills, toucans, and eagles. You'll also go on a farm tour and sample a local delicacy. You can also drive yourself if you hire a 4x4 vehicle for a minimum of four guests, or you can be driven in a private minivan.
- River cruise
- Local delicacy tasting
- Fresh fruit
What to Remember
-Not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- Not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Bring insect repellent.
- Bring a hat.
- Bring suitable footwear.
- Food not included.
- Subject to weather conditions.
- This experience doesn't follow our general cancellation policy. if you need to cancel, you must do so at least 72-hours in advance to receive a full refund.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.