Rum Estate & Ecological Boat Tour
Duration: From 4 hours to 8 hours
- Ecological boat tour along the Tempisque River.
- View endemic wildlife in its natural habitat.
- Pay a visit to the Hacienda el Viejo estate.
- Visit the rickhouse and sample aged Saband rum.
- Private 4x4 or van transportation options.
This tour combines two of Costa Rica's national treasures: River Tempisque wildlife and rum. On this full-day tour, you'll cruise the river, tour the Hacienda el Viejo estate, and end with a rum tasting.
After arriving at the eco-friendly Hacienda el Viejo estate, the adventure will begin with a boat ride along the River Tempisque. Observe well-preserved fauna such as spoon roses, the mythical Jabiru stork, crocodiles, and white capuchin monkeys. Then, spend the rest of the day on an exclusive rum tour, during which you will be able to tour the rick house and taste aged Sabandi rum from its oak barrels.
Furthermore, you can personalize the day by upgrading to a private 4x4 vehicle or a private van with personal driver and guide. With this perfect addition to the tour, you can go wherever you want in style.
- River cruise
- Welcome drink
- Driver/ guide
What to Remember
-Minimum 4 guests for private 4x4 option.
- Not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Not suitable for families with small children.
- Children must be supervised by an adult (over 18 years) at all time.
- Bring insect repellent.
- Bring bathing gear and sunblock.
- Bring biodegradable insect repellent.
- Bring a hat.
- Money for extras or gratuities.
- Please note that all times are approximate and subject to change.
- English-speaking guide for all nationalities.
- Not suitable for expectant mothers.
- Not suitable for expectant mothers or guests with back problems.
- Not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- Bring suitable footwear.
- Lockers not included.
- Food not included.
- Subject to weather conditions.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.