Cajas National Park Tour with Cocoa Farm Visit from Guayaquil or Cuenca
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: 8 hours 30 minutes
- Visit Cajas National Park, which has been designated a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- Take in the park's many glacial lagoons and wide variety of animals.
- Explore cloud forests of polylepis trees, some of the world's rarest trees.
- Visit a local cocoa farm for a tasting of cocoa products.
On your way to Cajas National Park from Guayaquil or Cuenca, you'll pass through the region's picturesque landscapes. Once inside the park, you'll see the Llaviuco lagoon, where you can admire the flora and fauna. You'll also have a good chance of seeing wild horses and llamas, as well as the vast landscapes covered in wildflower-strewn páramo, which contains some of the country's only remaining polylepis (paper trees). After touring the lagoon, you'll begin your descent into the subtropical lowlands, where the rapid change in weather and scenery will astound you.
On the way back, you'll stop at a cocoa plantation for tastings of cocoa and its derivatives.
-Bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Transportation to Cajas National Park
- Cocoa farm visit
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick-up
-Transportation back to the starting point (Cuenca or Guayaquil)
- Hotel drop-off
-Children (age 3-11)
You will confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator.
What to Remember
-This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- A minimum of two people is required to book this tour.
- This tour departs either from Cuenca or Guayaquil, with pickup service from hotels in the center of both cities.
- This tour is one-way: Guayaquil-Cajas National Park-Cuenca or Cuenca-Cajas National Park-Guayaquil.
- Please contact our local supplier to confirm your pick-up time and location. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking.
- For lunch options, please inform the local operator if you are vegetarian or vegan to make the necessary arrangements.
- The activities in this tour have a low level of risk and difficulty.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.