Isabela Island Wetlands Walking Tour
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: 3 hours
- Explore Isabela Island's Los Humedales, a network of trails and lava formations.
- Observe native animal species such as land turtles, flamingos, and zarapito birds.
- Visit El Cerro Orchilla, The Estero, La Poza Escondida, Mirador de Los Tunos, and other attractions.
This tour will take you to Los Humedales, an Isabela Island complex of trails and lava formations. You will visit El Cerro Orchilla, from which you will be able to see the bay and the town of Puerto Villamil, as well as the Sierra Negra volcano, Cerro Azul volcano, islets, and rocks.
You'll also visit The Estero, a 227-meter-long path surrounded by 1.5-meter-wide lava rock. This site displays the four mangrove species found in the Galapagos. The journey continues to La Poza Escondida, a stone and wood path with the main attraction being a mangrove forest and a pool at the end. The next stop is Poza Redonda, a 50-meter-long path.
The journey continues to Mirador de Los Tunos and Pozas Verdes, viewpoints where visitors can observe birds and plants. Finally, you will reach La Playita, a path that leads to a small beach that is part of Villamil's larger beach. Several ancient tombs can be found in the cemetery; this location represents a historical account of Isabela and its first inhabitants.
- Local guide (English and Spanish)
Please meet the guide in the lobby of your hotel. The pick-up service is available at any hotel inside the urban perimeter of Puerto Villamil (Isabela).
What to Remember
- Times are subject to change due to local conditions.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions.
- Not recommended for people with back problems.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.