Plaza Island and Carrion Point Full-Day Tour with Snorkeling
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: 8 hours
- Visit Plaza Island, one of the best places in the Galapagos to see wildlife.
- Take a boat ride down the Itabaca Canal.
- See bifurcated-tailed gulls, terrestrial iguanas, and sea lion colonies.
- Go snorkeling in turquoise waters.
This Plaza Island tour is ideal for discovering wildlife and enjoying nature. Plaza island is one of the best places in the Galapagos archipelago to see the local fauna and the island's unique environment.
You will be taken to the Canal Itabaca dock to board the yacht that will take you on its journey. The Canal Itabaca is a pair of crescent-shaped islands located just a few hundred meters off the east coast of Santa Cruz. Plaza Norte (North Island) is only used for research. Plaza Sur is one of the archipelago's smallest but richest islands. It is only 130 meters wide and made of volcanic magma, giving it a one-of-a-kind quality in its species. Your landing will take place in the channel between Plaza Norte and Plaza Sur, where the island has been deployed by the sea.
The turquoise waters of the channel stand out against the white sand and black lava coast. Don't pass up the opportunity to see marine life, including manta rays. The location is ideal for snorkeling among a colony of nearly a thousand sea lions. When all of the activities are completed, you will return to the Puerto Ayora dock.
-Hotel pick-up and drop-off at the dock in Puerto Ayora
- Marine and land transport
- Snorkeling equipment
- Local guide (English, Spanish)
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Food and drinks
You will receive instructions for arranging your pick-up after booking.
What to Remember
- Minimum age required: 12 years old.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bring your swimsuit and also your sun blocker.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not stroller accessible.
- Not suitable for pets.
- Infants must not sit on laps (Infant seats unavailable).
- Not recommended for people with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.