Santa Cruz Island Half-Day Tour
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: 4 hours
- Visit Santa Cruz Island, the Galapagos' first inhabited island.
- Take in the vast and diverse flora and fauna.
- Look for sharks, sea lions, land and sea iguanas, and shorebirds.
- Take a stroll through the Loberia, Las Grietas, and Playa de los Perros.
Santa Cruz Island is the first inhabited island in the Galapagos Islands. If you enjoy nature, this will be your favorite spot! This tour takes you to various iconic Galapagos Islands sights. First, you'll go to the Loberia, a small island two miles away from where the sea lions are. During the tour, you will see a variety of invertebrates, fish, and sea lions on the seafloor.
The tour continues to Las Grietas, where you will take a fifteen-minute walk and see Darwin's finches, shorebirds, and lagoon, endemic, and native vegetation. Just inland, where the water is less salty, cracks are continuing channels that sharks and love. You can swim and snorkel here.
Finally, you'll stop by La Playa de Los Perros, where you can go on a hike. This beach was named after the abundance of dog crabs found in the area, as well as the largest marine iguanas on Santa Cruz Island. When all of the activities are completed, you will return to Puerto Ayora, where the tour concludes.
- Local guide (English, Spanish)
- Snorkel equipment
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Hotel drop-off
Malecón, Santa Cruz, Puerto Ayora Islas Galápagos, EC
Please meet the guide in the lobby of your hotel. If you do not want the pick-up service, you should reach the starting point of the tour at Malecón.
What to Remember
- Minimum age required: 3 years old.
- In case of taking the tour on the same day of your arrival at the airport of Baltra, the local tour operator cannot be held responsible for flight delays or passengers that would not arrive on time for the afternoon departure.
- This tour is by boat, please plan accordingly (i.e motion sickness medication).
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not stroller accessible.
- Not suitable for pets.
- Infants must not sit on laps.
- Infant seats unavailable.
- Not recommended for people with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.