Tram City Tour and Middle of the World Museum
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: Up to 3 hours
- Explore South America's largest and best-preserved historic center.
- Visit the Monument to the Middle of the World, a must-see Ecuadorian landmark.
- Visit the workshops of Ecuadorian artisans from various cultures in the La Ronda neighborhood.
First, you'll ride in a replica of the trams that circulated in Quito in the first half of the twentieth century to explore the historic center, which is the largest and best-preserved in South America.
You'll stop by the National Basilica del Voto Church, where your guide will tell you about the history of its facade, before moving on to the Panecillo hill, a symbol of the city and the home of the 'Winged Virgin,' from which you can admire landscapes of colonial and modern Quito. You'll continue to Plaza de San Francisco, one of the city's most iconic spots, from which you'll walk to Plaza Grande, the city's historical and political heart, surrounded by numerous attractions such as the Cathedral, the Government Palace, the Archbishop's Palace, and the Church of the Company.
The tour continues to La Ronda's traditional neighborhood, where you can find workshops of Ecuadorian producers from various cultures of the country that will show you how crafts keep the cultural traditions of this charming city alive. On this iconic street, you can also visit a traditional ice cream shop where you can sample Ecuador's local flavors, as well as craft workshops for Panama hats and honey products.
The last stop will be the Monument to the Middle of the World, which separates the planet's northern and southern hemispheres. The museum inside is devoted to interactive exhibits and an explanation of the monument's and the equator's history. You'll also appreciate the one-of-a-kind views from the top.
-Bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Pick-up and drop-off from designated areas
-Entrance fees to the churches
- Food and drinks
Reina Victoria N24-263 and Lizardo García
What to Remember
-The pick-up and drop-off point will be at Gallery Ecuador.
- On Sundays, this tour operates in an inverted manner, you'll first visit the Half of the World monument and then the city tour.
- Please contact the local operator to verify your pick-up. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking.
- The tour is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather conditions and/or any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- The itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service as a whole.
The tour departs at 8.20am from Monday to Saturday.
The tour departs at 2.15am on Sundays.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.