Fort de France Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour
Language: English, French
Duration: Up to 2 hours 30 minutes
- Join this small group trip of no more than ten people.
- Explore the city and the wonders of Fort-de-France in a fun way.
- Take a walk through the streets and immerse yourself in the culture.
On this food and walking tour around the city of Martinique's capital, Fort-de-France, learn about Martinican sweets and culture. You'll be able to sample local sweets while also learning about the rich culture and architecture of Fort-de-France.
This tour will take you to five different locations where you may sample local ice creams, croissants, sugarcane juice, local delicacies, and more.
Begin your tour on a positive note by stopping at two different culinary establishments! Then take a tour around the local market, where your guide will show you local delicacies and secrets, as well as spices and odd souvenirs. A great blend of history, strange habits, and juicy gossip... plus food sampling!
The statue dedicated to the French writer Victor Schoelcher may be seen as you walk past the Old Courthouse. See the Schoelcher Library's remarkable architecture, which houses several of the artist's works as well as a donation from his personal collection. The Cathedral of St. Louis is a Romanesque revival style structure. It is located in the downtown area of Fort De France and was built in the late 19th century.
Your tour will take you to Savannah Park, where you will have your final food tasting while relaxing on the grass.
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Tips (optional)
- Child 4 to 10: reduced
- Child 0 to 3: Free
Rue Ernest Desproges, Fort-de-France, 97200
Meet us in front of the McDonald's (at the corner of Victor Hugo Street and Desproges Street) which is located on the seaside. For cruise passengers arriving in Tourelles or in Pointe Simon ports, you will find the instructions on your voucher.
What to Remember
- This is a small-group tour with a maximum of 10 people.
- If you are vegan or have dietary restrictions, please let us know during the booking.
- Please indicate If you arrive in ports of Tourelles or Pointe Simon during the booking. Otherwise, please indicate that you will be at the central meeting point in front of the Macdonald's.
- We require a minimum of 4 passengers to run a tour. If the minimum is not met your tour may be cancelled.
- Please note: Weather conditions or equipment failure prevents the operator from running the excursion.
- We recommend to wear comfortable shoes and bring a swimming suit, sunscreen and a hat. Do not forget to bring your camera.
At 9.00 AM
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the experience begins.