Flensburg Private Historic Walking Tour
Language: English, German
Duration: 2 hours
- Learn more about Flensburg and its German-Danish mix.
- Learn more about the city's fascinating past.
- Hear stories about the "City of Rum."
A private and guided walking tour of Flensburg on the German-Danish border.
The city was ruled by the Danish King for 400 years and is thus immersed in both German and Danish culture and architecture. Learn more about the history of the city and its German-Danish culture. Also, admire many historical buildings because the city was one of the few cities that was spared from destruction during WWII, resulting in a huge number of historic structures from diverse periods still surviving. Admire the exquisite and refined architecture as you stroll around the Old Town.
Discover more about the rum trade with the Caribbean islands and how the city took the nickname"City of Rum."
- Local guide
- Private guided tour
- Customization of the tour by asking your local guide on the spot
Saint Nikolai Church, Nikolaikirchhof 8, 24937 Flensburg, Germany
Meet your guide in front of the Saint Nikolai Church. Your guide will hold a signboard together with the name of the guests on it.
What to Remember
- This activity is accessible to wheelchair users and to people with mobility impairments.
- This tour is available for a maximum amount of 15 participants, the price remains the same independently of the number of participants.
- This tour does not allow to book more than 4 groups per timeslot.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Please note that this tour ends at the Catholic church of St. Mary, Nordergraben 36, 24937 Flensburg, Germany.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 5 days before the tour begins.