Guided Bike Tour through Berlin-Charlottenburg
Language: English, German
Duration: 4 hours and 30 minutes
- Bike through Charlottenburg's Old Town neighborhood, with its stucco facades, gas lanterns, and pubs, with your local guide.
- isit the Charlottenburg Palace, the Lietzensee, and much more.
- Take a coffee and cake break atthe local history museum Villa Oppenheim.
- Ride along the well-known Kurfürstendamm.
- Learn about the student movement of the 1960s and 1970s, as well as the events that triggered it.
There are many attractions not only in Berlin-Mitte, but also in the quieter, less touristy Charlottenburg, with its Gründerzeit houses, parks and squares, the baroque palace, the Lietzenseepark, and the Tiergarten. There's also the Memorial Church, the Zoo, and the Kurfürstendamm. During this bike tour, your guide would like to give you a new perspective of Charlottenburg and its "Kiez."
Savignyplatz, Karl-August-Platz (monthly market on Wednesdays and Saturdays), Klausenerplatz, Stuttgarter Platz, Walter-Benjamin-Platz are some of the scenic sites from the time of the "richest city of Prussia." Gain knowledge about the events behind the 1967 assassination of student Benno Ohnesorg, which is often regarded as the catalyst for the student movement of the 1960s and 1970s. Check out Berlin's earliest and most stunning art nouveau swimming pool. Proceed through the majestic City Hall and a sampling visit to the city's best delicatessen to Villa Oppenheim, the Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf Museum of Local History, for a relaxing coffee and cake break. The journey continues to the Museum Quarter and the reconstructed Charlottenburg Palace, as well as the Old Town neighborhood with its stucco facades, gas lights, bars, and the picturesque "Zickenhof," which has been maintained in part through squatter activity. The trail leads past the historic Reichskriegsgericht (Imperial War Court) to one of Charlottenburg's hidden gems:the Lietzensee lake
You'll return to Savignyplatz via bourgeois courtyards, squares, and residential streets, as well as a diversion to Kurfürstendamm.
- Guided bike tour
- Bicycle (rentable for 12€/day at the meeting point)
- Food and beverage
Bleibtreustraße 7, 10623 Berlin, Germany
Meet your guide at the S-Bahn station Savignyplatz at the exit Bleibtreustraße.
What to Remember
- The tour is suitable for people 15 years and older.
- Bicycles are not included in the price. They can be brought or rented at the meeting point (12€/day. You will find contact details on your booking confirmation).
- The maximum number of participants is 6.
- Your guide is bilingual and can speak German and English during the tour. Please let him know on the spot which language you prefer.
- Overview of the route: Savignyplatz, Pestalozzistr. synagogue, Karl-August-Platz, memorial for Benno Ohnesorg, City Hall, Villa Oppenheim, Charlottenburg Palace, "Zickenhof", Lietzensee, magnificent apartment buildings on Stuttgarter Platz.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.