Hamburg's Churches Private Tour
Language: English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Danish
Duration: from 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Visit Hamburg's important churches.
- Learn more about the city's background.
- Visit the earliest parish church in Hamburg.
- Explore Hamburg's landmark "Michel''.
During a private and guided walking tour, learn about Hamburg's five important churches and the city's history.
Hamburg's cityscape is still dominated by the five main church towers. The Gothic-style St. Jacob's Church, which originated from a chapel on a medieval pilgrimage path to Santiago de Compostela, is worth a visit. Admire the medieval decor and the iconic and valuable Arp Schnitger organ. See the St. Peter's Church, Hamburg's earliest parish church, and the St. Katharinen Church, whose congregation has grown to embrace the newly emerging HafenCity.
Observe the remnants of St. Nikolai's former main church, a remarkable memorial against war and destruction that was demolished in the Great Hamburg Fire of 1842 and then again by air strikes during WWII. Walk along the old Deichstraße to the huge St. Michaelis Church, a Hanseatic city landmark known as "Michel." Learn more about northern Germany's most prominent baroque church and enjoy looking at its magnificent majesty.
This guided tour of Hamburg's churches will take you through the city's turbulent history, including city expansion, catastrophes, fires, and wars.
- Guided tour
St. James' Church, Jakobikirchhof 22, 20095 Hamburg, Germany
Meet your guide in the Jakobikirchhof next to the StadtRAD - rental station.
What to Remember
- Unfortunately, this tour is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- This tour is suitable for all ages.
- The tour has two ticket options: you can choose either a ticket for groups of up to 12 passengers or for groups of 13-20 passengers. The price for the chosen option remains the same independently of the exact number of participants.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- This tour does not allow to book more than 1 group per timeslot.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the tour begins.