Hanover Private Walking Tour
Language: English, German
Duration: 2 hours
- Explore the main attractions of Hanover with your private guide.
- Visit the Market Church, the Old Town Hall and the Kreuz-Church.
- Gain knowledge about the history of the town.
Learn more about Hanover's rich history and see all of the important sights on a private and guided walking tour.
Hanover is not only home to the world's largest carnival and a number of high-tech displays, but it is also a historic city that gave the world a monarchy that controlled Great Britain.
You will meet your guide in front of Hanover's Market Church, the city's primary Lutheran church. It is one of the most well-known specimens of the North German brick gothic architectural style, having been built in the 14th century. Take a stroll along the meandering lanes and gaze at the Oskar-Winter-Fountain, a local fountain with an interesting backstory: According to mythology, making a wish and turning the small brass ring placed in the ironwork would grant your request.
The Leibniz House, which used to be the home of mathematician and philosopher Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, is located behind the fountain. Discover the Aegidien Church, a poignant reminder of war's tragedies. It was destroyed during WWII and was never repaired or rebuilt. Investigate the New Town Hall and learn more about its fascinating history. A customization of the tour is possible by asking the guide on the spot.
- Local guide
- Private guided tour
- Customization of tour by asking your local guide on the spot
- Entrance fees
Hanns-Lilje-Platz 2, 30159 Hannover, Germany
Meet your guide in front of the Market Church. Your guide will hold a sign board together with the name of the guests on it.
What to Remember
- This activity is accessible to wheelchair users and to people with mobility impairments.
- This tour is suitable for any age.
- This tour is available for a maximum amount of 15 participants, the price remains the same independently of the number of participants.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 5 days before the tour begins.