Daily Thessaloniki Sightseeing Half-Day Tour
Language: English, Italian
Duration: up to 5 hours
- Enjoy a guided tour of Thessaloniki's main attractions.
- View the White Tower and the City Walls for amazing views.
- Visit the Archaeological Museum, as well as the church of Agios Demetrius and its crypt.
Take a sightseeing tour of Thessaloniki to learn more about the city's historic significance as a crossroads for many civilizations and cultures!
Begin your tour with a panoramic drive around the White Tower, the city's most important sites, the Galerius Arch, the Rotunda monument, the Old Town (Ano Poli), and the City Walls. As you tour these grand structures, your professional expert guide will present you with all the information you need about Thessaloniki's ancient and recent history.
A short stop will be made during the tour to the Agios Demetrius Byzantine church, which is the most important church in Thessaloniki for religious, historical, and artistic reasons. The church's underground ancient crypt is its most famous and noteworthy feature. Following a fire in 1917, the crypt was uncovered and rebuilt, eventually becoming a museum in 1988. You'll also be able to go to the Archaeological Museum, which houses objects from the Archaic, Classical, Hellenistic, and Roman periods.
- Transportation by luxury air-conditioned bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Entrance fees to the museum (€8.00)
- Children (age 4-12)
- Infants (age 0-3): free of charge
- Egnatia 78, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
- At the Venizelos Statue. The bus will have in the front a sign with the name of the tour.
- On Saturday at 9.30 am
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.