Communism in Hungary Tour with a Historian
Duration: up to 3 hours
- Explore Budapest with the assistance of a historian as your guide.
- Walkaround both Buda and Pest.
- Learn about Communism and what's left of it in Hungary.
Through expert historical commentary and personal family anecdotes, see the ruins of Communism in Hungary's capital come to life in front of your eyes.
You will be visiting areas of both inner Pest and inner Buda and havea drink at the end of the tour in a cult cafe that hasn't altered much since the 1960s.
The goal is to present you Hungary's true modern history. The historical context, cultural background, personal and family anecdotes, and contemporary perspectives on how Communism impacted locals' lives: the good, the bad, and the ugly. Prepare for an open, in-depth encounter that welcomes all inquiries!
You'll take a walk on both the Pest and Buda sides, as well as a subway ride in between. Among the highlights are:
- Learning Hungary's major happenings from a historian from the Second World War
- Hearing personal family stories
- Liberty square with its controversial memorials & US embassy
- 1956 memorials
- The Parliament and its surrounding sights
- Lesser-known spots and areas connected to the 1956 revolution
- Adrink in a cult pub from 1960s
- Public transportation ticket
Budapest, Erzsébet tér 7, 1051 Hungary
Meeting Point in front of Kempinski hotel, facing the Ferris wheel, 1051, Erzsébet tér 7
What to Remember
The minimum age to participate is 14 years.
On Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 2.00pm
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the tour begins.