Jewish Quarter 3-hour Walking Tour in Budapest
Duration: Up to 3 hours
- Learn about Budapest's Jewish history and its impact on Hungary.
- Discover the synagogues of Rumbach's Synagogue, Dohány Street Synagogue, and Kazinczy Street Synagogue, which form a triangle.
- View the ruins of the ancient ghetto and observe the vibrant neighborhood that it has evolved into today.
- Taste a shot (or cocktail) from Palinka Experience.
On a 3-hour trip, learn about Budapest's Jewish heritage. Learn about its impact on Hungary and the hidden gems of the Jewish neighborhood. View the ruins of the previous ghetto and marvel at the vibrant neighborhood that it has become. There's lots more to discover in the Hungarian-Jewish community!
This journey will take you to the synagogue triangle (Rumbach's Synagogue, Dohány Street Synagogue, and Kazinczy Street Synagogue), which includes Europe's and the world's largest synagogues. Visit Orczy-House, which, aside from the Gozsdu passage, was a unique hub of Jewish daily life. Visit Szimpla, Hungary's first authentic Ruin Pub, to learn more about the unique Jewish origins of Ruin Bars!
End your adventure at Palinka Experience after your journey through time and history! Palinka, Hungary's genuine Spirit, is available for a shot (or cocktail) as an optional extra. It's the only restaurant in Hungary where you may sample kosher (strictly cooked according to Jewish law) Palinkas!
- Walking tour with English-speaking guide
- Admission fees
1075 Budapest, Madách Imre Square
Your guide will wait for you in front of the Sissi Statue at Madach Square, holding a board with your tour's name. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the starting time (10.20am).
Thursdays to Saturdays at 10.30am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.