Culture and Foodie Warung Tour with Breakfast and Lunch
Duration: Up to 10 hours
- Start your day with a traditional Balinese breakfast at Warung Men Weti.
- Admire the colors, mythical creatures, and traditional Barong dancing beliefs.
- Pay a visit to Monkey Forest, which is home to a thriving population of long-tailed macaques.
- For lunch, try the popular Balinese dish Babi Guling at Warung Bu Oka.
- Take in the hustle and bustle of Ubud's market.
This private guided tour includes breakfast and lunch at two favorite "warung" restaurants: Men Weti and Ibu Oka. Explore the cultural sights in between feasts, such as a barong dance at Batubulan, macaques at the Monkey Forest Sanctuary, Ubud Market, Ubud Palace, and Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave). Skip your usual hotel breakfast and head to Men Weti for your first taste of traditional Bali cuisine. We're on our way to Pantai Segara Sanur, where Warung 'Men Weti' is already packed with local Balinese. This simple warung serves a basic Balinese dish that typically consists of Bali spiced roast chicken, betutu, deep-fried crispy chicken skin, and half an egg topped with hot tomato sambal.
After that, proceed to Batubulan Village to witness perhaps Bali's most well-known dance, the Barong dance, a storytelling dance narrating the battle between good and evil. Then go to Monkey Forest, which is home to a thriving population of long-tailed macaques. Continue to the heart of Ubud for lunch at the most popular warung on the entire island of Bali, Warung Babi Guling Bu Oka, where you will be served the most famous Balinese dishes "Babi Guling" Balinese style whole roasted suckling pig. The pig is stuffed and flavored with turmeric, coriander seeds, lemongrass, black pepper, and garlic.
Next, go to the Local Market, which has a plethora of arts and crafts, as well as sarongs, shirts, and other textiles, wood carvings, and masks. You'll also go to Ubud Palace, where the Royal Family still lives, and where the garden is used at night to stage some of Bali's most important dances, including the Legong Dance, Barong Dance, Ramayana and Mahabharata ballets. Continue on to Goa Gajah's Elephant Cave. The cave was built in the ninth century, but the bathing area was added in the 1950s.
-Cooling towel or damp tissue
- 2 bottles of mineral water
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Private transportation
- Roundtrip transportation
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
-Personal expenses which were not mentioned in the program
- Beverage during lunch and breakfast
Pick-up is available from South Bali: Sanur, Nusa Dua, Kuta, Legian and Seminyak. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup details directly with the local operator.
What to Remember
-Please note that pick-up points are only available in South Bali, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Kuta, Legian and Seminyak.
- Please confirm the pick-up details with the local operator 48 hours prior to your departure You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- The tour requires a minimum per booking of 2 adults.
- In the case of no shows or cancellations on the day, you will not be eligible for a refund.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 2 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund.