Kotagede Heritage Half-Day Walking Tour
Duration: 5 hours
- Discover the traditional old town architecture that gave birth to Yogyakarta.
- Take in the atmosphere as you walk through the area.
- You will become so accustomed to the city that it will begin to feel like home.
- Face a wide range of works and appreciate them with your own eyes.
Kotagede is a charming little town that was once the seat of the Mighty Mataram Empire or "the beginning of Yogyakarta." Some claim that the term 'Kotagede' is derived from the label of the largest city in the last decade and refers to 'Sargede,' the central market in the heart of the city. Traveling to Kotagede, the street is 2.5 meters wide, allowing only small cars and a large number of bicycles to pass through. Kotagede's alleyways are even narrower, measuring only 1 - 1.5 meters wide.
This journey will take you to Kotagede, the glorious origin of Mataram Kingdom. Featuring Kotagede's houses, which are like an experiment in which many different architectural styles have been established. Kotagede once had hundreds of silver shops along its streets, as the silver craft tradition, along with Islamic tradition, has existed for centuries. Many silver shops have gone bankrupt as a result of the prolonged Covid pandemic. Only a few dozens of businesses remain.
-Pickup and drop off only Yogyakarta city area
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
Pickup service is available only Yogyakarta city hotel area and within area Malioboro/Tugu Yogyakarta. You will be asked to provide your accommodation details with your contact number at the time of booking.
What to Remember
-Minimum 2 participants required to start the tour.
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed to join this activity.
- A group price is applicable for groups with a minimum of 15 people.
- A maximum number of participants in each booking is 19.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes suitable for walking in tropical condition.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 2 days before, you can still receive a 90% refund.