Daily Gondola Ride Experience in Venice
Duration: 30 minutes
- Enjoy A 35-minute journey aboard a real Venetian gondola
- Travel through ages of history and beautiful scenery.
- Glide along the Grand Canal, which is one of the most beautiful canals in the world.
- You'll be spoiled for choice when it comes to photo chances.
The gondola is one of Venice's most recognizable icons, as symbolic of the famous water city as it is obscure in its beginnings. Few people realize that this one-of-a-kind vessel was once quite different from the one we see now, evolving over time in tandem with the city with which it is linked. Of course, the gondola's history is inextricably linked to that of Venice.
The gondola, considered one of the most beautiful and graceful boats on the planet, is constructed using unique processes and contains symbolic meanings in every element. For example, its toothed bow iron features five or six Rebbi (combs), each of which represents one of Venice's six sestieri (districts). The purpose of this iron section is to balance the gondolier's weight, and it features an 'S' shape that symbolizes the Grand Canal's movement.
Allow yourself to experience the gondola firsthand on this tour. An enchanting and peaceful way to take in the sights, sounds, colors, and charm of Venice. You'll be able to take in the interesting and magical environment that only a city built on the water can provide by admiring magnificent buildings on the side banks and unique bridges, as well as breathe in the intriguing and magical ambiance that only a city built on the water can provide.
- 35-minute gondola ride
- Boarding assistance
- On rainy days, the gondola ride will still take place. In the event of heavy weather, the tour may be canceled and refunded (or rescheduled for a later date/time). Please note that no refunds will be given if you do not show up or arrive late.
- Please keep in mind that this is a shared gondola (each one can hold up to six people), so you may have to share it with others.
- Onboard assistance will be offered, but commentary throughout the tour will not be provided.
- Calle Larga de l'Ascension, 30124 Venice VE, Italy
- In front of the "Poste Italiane" office, next to the Museo Correr's entrance. Please be sure to get there at least 15 minutes prior to the tour starting time.
- Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.