Daily Half-Day Pompeii Tour from Rome with high-speed train
Duration: up to 7 hours
Availability: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Enjoy Pompeii guided tour with round-trip transportation
- Save time by taking the high-speed rail to Pompeii.
- Explore the newly opened Domus, which features frescoes and mosaics.
- Maximum of 25 individuals per group to provide individual attention.
In comparison to bus tours, you can visit Pompeii in half a day, saving hours of time!
This half-day tour begins at Termini Station in Rome, where you will meet your tour organizer and receive your train tickets. Let us handle all seating arrangements so you can rest and enjoy your 1-hour journey to Naples. Enjoy the beautiful countryside while riding in the comfort of your air-conditioned high-speed train.
As soon as you arrive in Naples, your local expert guide will greet you. Enjoy a short, private coach ride to the Pompeii excavation site, where you will be greeted by your certified English-speaking guide. A 2-hour fully guided tour of the ruins of the ancient city of Pompeii will be held here. Pompeii is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most fascinating archaeological sites on the planet. In 79 AD, when Mt. Vesuvius erupted and smothered people, streets, and homes with lava, time stood still here, forever documenting the lives of its inhabitants and the tragedy of that moment. Your guide will explain how the people lived before the eruption and show you the ruins and death castings that have been preserved here for centuries.
You will also have the unique opportunity to visit the recently opened Domus (homes of the ancient city's most important figures), and after a quick coffee break or some local souvenir shopping, you will be met by your driver, who will accompany you back to Naples and stay with you until your high-speed train departure to Rome.
The coach will transport you to the railway station, where your English-speaking driver will make all necessary arrangements to ensure a comfortable, safe, and peaceful return journey. There will be enough golden hours left over for you to spend the remainder of the day in the Eternal City.
- Tour as per description
- Entrance ticket and reservation fees to the Pompeii excavation site
- Guided tour of Pompeii in groups no larger than 25 people
- English speaking local chaperon
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- High-speed train tickets
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This tour requires some walking, so wear comfortable shoes.
- We are sorry, but we are unable to accommodate clients who require special assistance or who use wheelchairs.
- Some of the places we visited had no shade and were extremely hot in the sun. In hot weather, we suggest carrying a hat, sunscreen, and a water bottle.
- Galleria Termini, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
- At Piazza Dei Cinquecento in Rome, facing the main entrance of Termini train station. The meeting point is located on the far left just outside the entrance. Endpoint: Termini Station. Your City Wonders coordinator will be wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition.
- From June 1 to October 31
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at 7.15 am
- This tour ends around 2.10 pm at Termini Station
- Infants (0-1): free
- Children (2-14): reduced
- Please note - We regret that we are unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.