Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Iconic Insiders small-group tour with a local guide
Language: English, Italian
Duration: 3 hours
- With a completely devoted guide, discover the Vatican's hidden and lesser-known treasures.
- Take home your favorite photos of the Vatican Museums' artworks and galleries.
- On a small-group trip, admire the spectacular Sistine Chapel paintings and tour St. Peter's Basilica.
Follow your professional tour guide's explanations and itinerary to discover the Vatican's major sites! This trip is part of Iconic Insiders, a collection of programs designed to help first-time visitors learn about the city and become oriented. Your destination insider is a professional tour guide who will provide recommendations and highlight the itinerary's most visually appealing locations.
The Vatican Museums are among the world's largest museums, with a collection of over 70,000 items of art acquired by popes throughout the ages, 20,000 of which are shown in 54 galleries. They not only have a history of grandeur, but they also house precious artifacts such as the most famous Ancient Roman sculptures and Renaissance masterpieces. The towering St. Peter's Basilica, "the finest of all cathedrals of Christendom," rises next to the museum and houses other masterpieces of incalculable aesthetic and religious value.
Start your visit by bypassing the enormous lineups and entering the Vatican Museums. Once inside, your guide will take you on a tour of the labyrinthine complex, highlighting the most essential features. Take a stroll through the Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of Candelabra, stopping to see works by Raphael, Bellini, Leonardo, Titian, and Caravaggio, as well as Michelangelo's frescoes within the Sistine Chapel. Then proceed to the Basilica, where you may see Bernini's baldachin, Michelangelo's Pietà, and the magnificent dome.
- 3-hour small-group tour
- Friendly and local guide
- Skip-the-line ticket
- Headset (for groups of more than 6 people)
- Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192 Rome RM, Italy
- Meet your destination insider at the top of the flight of stairs just after Caffé Vaticano.
- Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
- Children (age 0-18)