Tokyo West-Side Classic Road Bike Tour
Duration: Up to 2 hours 30 minutes
- Ride a vintage Japanese road bike through the streets of Tokyo.
- Explore Tokyo's eclectic west side's backstreets and riverside bike paths.
- Escape the tourist crowds by cycling through eclectic parts of Tokyo that most visitors miss.
Begin your Japanese adventure by cruising through Tokyo's local neighborhoods on a classic'steel' road bike handcrafted by a Japanese master frame builder! Nothing compares to gliding down the street on the saddle of a vintage Chromoly bike that's been precisely forged with Japanese precision and beauty, which is sought after by collectors and bicycle connoisseurs all over the world. This Tokyo-vintage bike tour will take you through local backstreets, sidewalks, and riverside cycling trails, passing through areas such as Nakano, Suginami, Musashino, Mitaka, and the city's inner west side.
-A handcrafted Japanese Chromoly road bike or comfortable cruiser style bicycle
- Bottled drink of your choice
- Helmet (usage optional)
- Discretionary spending
Kōenji Station, 4 Chome-48 Koenjiminami, 杉並区 Suginami City, Tokyo, Japan
The tour will kick-off at Koenji Station (2 stops from Shinjuku) on the JR Train Network. Koenji station is a quiet suburban station with only one main exit. Your guide will be waiting directly outside the ticket gates.
What to Remember
-For this tour, you must be competent on a performance road bike, equipped with drop handlebars and downtube shifters, in often tight, crowded and challenging conditions.
- Be able to comfortably cycle 20 km+ / 13 mi+ at a safe but moderate pace on crowded sidewalks, roads, uneven surfaces and through often testing conditions.
- Backpacks and other items can be stored safely at the secure bike garage if you don’t wish to carry them along for the ride.
- The minimum age requirement for this road bike tour is 16 years old.
- City cruiser-style bicycles, that seat riders in a more ergonomic position, are available for those not comfortable or competent on a road bike.
- This is an outdoor activity that may be impacted by the weather. In the event of rain or wet and slippery conditions, the experience may be canceled.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.