Tokyo West Side Walking and Street Food Tour
Duration: 2 hours
- Discover Tokyo's street life by walking and sampling local street food eats in the eclectic Tokyo neighborhoods of Nakano and Koenji.
- Have a drink at a nearby izakaya.
- A smaller group size allows you to have a more personalized experience in good company.
- As your guide leads you through the streets, take in the atmosphere of the city.
On a 'no fuss' walking and street food jaunt, leave the commotion of Tokyo's well-trodden tourist hubs and venture into the charismatic pockets of West Tokyo.
Dive into the charming Tokyo neighborhoods of Nakano and Koenji, where we'll discover the twisting alleyways, alternative subcultures, and casual eateries that give these unique enclaves their distinct character.
As we walk the nostalgic'shotengai,' boisterous eating and drinking 'yokocho,' and contrasting calm of the residential backstreets, feast on a tailored selection of everyday eats from local vendors, independent markets, and Japanese franchises.
Gain a detailed understanding of street life, as well as the confidence to take on Tokyo's thriving dining scene as a neighborhood pro. Local eating and drinking hotspots, as well as suggestions for offbeat neighborhoods to explore, will be provided as we conclude our outing with a drink at a traditional 'izakaya.'
So, lace up your walking boots, bring a hungry appetite, and don't be afraid to get your hands dirty on this Tokyo walking and street food tour.
Leave with a new appreciation for Tokyo life, local flavors, and hopefully a few tips and tricks for getting the most out of this befuddling metropolis.
-5 Japanese street food eats from a revolving selection of local vendors, markets and popular franchises
- Your choice of drink at a cosy neighbourhood izakaya
- Local English speaking guide
-¥140 JR train ticket from Nakano to Koenji.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
5-chōme-31 Nakano, Nakano City, Tōkyō-to 164-0001, Japan
The walking and food experience departs from Nakano Station, (1 stop from Shinjuku), on the JR Train Network. The tour will finish at Koenji Station, 1 stop further down the train line. Nakano Station is a moderately busy suburban station with only two exits, North and South. Your guide will be waiting directly outside the NORTH ticket gates.
What to Remember
-You can choose between a private or a small group tour (max7 people).
- A minimum of 2 guests is required for the small group tour to operate.
- Guests of all ages welcomed. There are no reductions for children.
- Don't forget to bring your camera and wear comfortable footwear.
- This tour is by no means be a refined dining experience. You'll constantly be on the move, climbing stairs and eating on your feet. Prepare to walk approximately 2km (1.25 miles).
- Please understand that this walking and street food tour does not cater to personal tastes, allergies or dietary requirements.
- Child strollers are not appropriate for this outing if attending with young children.
- This is an outdoor activity that may be impacted by the weather. In the event of rain or wet and slippery conditions, the experience may be canceled.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.