Samurai City Exploration Game and Tour in Tokyo
Duration: Up to 1 hour 20 minutes
- Enter the world of Old Edo through Kagurazaka's winding back alleys.
- Explore temples and shrines, some of which are hidden in narrow alleyways.
- Dive into the city's criminal underworld while learning about life during the Edo period.
- Discover spirituality and religion in Japanese culture.
- Use your smartphone to play a fun city exploration game.
- You can start the game at any time and pause it whenever you want.
Play a city game in Tokyo's Kagurazaka and follow clues to learn about shoguns, geishas, and samurais' complicated history and stories.
This walking tour will take you through a maze of narrow alleys, geisha teahouses, temples, samurai houses, and old traditional restaurants (ryotei) that used to populate this former pleasure district, hanamachi, or City of Flowers.
Are you prepared to follow in the footsteps of the Samurai?
When Tokugawa Yoshimune became the eighth shogun in 1716, he brought sixteen men from his native Kii to serve as his personal secret guards. They were employed to guard the Edo Castle's garden and were known as the oniwaban, or "garden patrol," and were sometimes referred to as ninjas. Throughout the Edo period, they grew into a capable spy team.
You are their leader.
You've been hearing rumors and whispers about potential revolts and street fights lately, so you've been assigned to keep an eye on things and ensure the safety of Minamoto, one of the shogun's loyal samurais. You're supposed to meet him in Kagurazaka's back alleys, away from prying eyes.
-Access to the quest inside the mobile game (the app is free to download).
- Non-stop online customer service during the walking tour.
2 Chome-4-1 Fujimi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 102-0071, Japan
Start your quest at Tokyo Daijingū.
What to Remember
-This is a self-guided/treasure hunt type of tour.
- Note there is no person assisting you at the starting point.
- Total walking distance of about 3.5 km.
- The city game typically around 1 hour 23 minutes to complete (but you can go at your own pace!).
- This quest is available in English.
- You must be at the starting point (that you'll see in the app) in order to begin, or else the game won’t start.
- Pause the game at any time and restart whenever you want, from the place you left it at.
- You need an internet connection to play this city game.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 15 minutes before the experience begins.