Chichén Itzá, Saamal Cenote and Valladolid tour
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: Up to 8 hours
- Visit Chichén Itzá, one of Mexico's most important archaeological sites.
- Enjoy a delicious buffet meal while strolling around Valladolid's colonial city.
- Swim in the awe-inspiring Saamal cenote.
The magnificent Chichén Itzá will be your first stop, where you will see the step pyramid of Kukulkan (The Castle), which is known for the play of light from the equinox that casts shadows on each step to create an image of a serpent descending. You'll also see the Ballgame Court, the Skull Platform, the Jaguar Temple, the Observatory, the One Thousand Column, and the Sacred Cenote.
Then you'll forget about the heat and plunge into the cool waters of Samaal, a beautiful cenote that was once sacred to the Mayans and was used in rituals for Chaac, the Mayan god of rain. The cenote is approximately 60m (200 ft) in diameter and 40m (130 ft) deep.
After cooling off in the Cenote, enjoy a buffet lunch at the Mexican Hacienda Selva Maya. Later, you'll have a 30–40-minute tour of Valladolid, one of Yucatan's most beautiful colonial cities, known for the majesty of its temples and old neighborhoods that preserve its glorious past. Today, it is a tranquil city where you can admire beautiful old houses and take advantage of its excellent commercial dynamism as a result of its strategic location.
-Certified bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Riviera Maya hotels
- Shared transportation
- Cenote Saamal Access (+ restrooms and dressing rooms)
- Buffet meal at Mexican Hacienda
- 30-40-minute stop at Valladolid
- Chichen Itza access tax USD 30 per adult USD 5 per child (all-inclusive tour option)
- Chichen Itza access tax USD 30 per adult USD 5 per child (standard tour option)
- Optional activities at Hacienda (bicycle and zipline)
- Tips (optional)
You will be picked up from your accommodation. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout. Make sure to be ready in front of your hotel 10 minutes before pickup.
What to Remember
-You can choose between an all-inclusive tour or a standard tour.
- Children under 3 years old are free of charge.
- Infants must sit on laps.
- Not recommended for people with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- The pickup hotel service is only available from the Cancún hotel zone and the Riviera Maya.
- A meeting point for pickup at Tulum can be provided.
- Pickups start between 7.00am and 8.00am.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.