Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera Legacy Visit to Three Museums with Skip-The-Line Tickets
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: Up to 9 hours
- Explore Frida Kahlo's and Diego Rivera's artistic legacies by visiting the Blue House, the Anahuacalli Museum, and the Dolores Olmedo Museum.
- Enjoy the world's largest collection of Frida Khalo paintings.
- Take in a wonderful collection of Diego Rivera's works.
Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera are two of Mexico's most famous twentieth-century artists, and this tour will help you appreciate their significant artistic legacy. This tour gives you the unique opportunity to visit three iconic sites in Coyoacán that are deeply connected to these painters. This is one of the country's most recognizable areas. There are three stops on the itinerary: the Blue House, the Anahuacalli Museum, and the Dolores Olmedo Museum.
The Blue House:
- The home of Frida Kahlo, where she was born and died. Here you can learn about the feelings and emotions that influenced her work.
The Anahuacalli Museum:
- A symbolic location where Diego Rivera and Frida Khalo wished to build a home together. This place was transformed from a volcanic rock terrain into a museum thanks to Diego Rivera's incredible imagination. You will see some of Diego Rivera's mural sketches as well as some of his pre-Hispanic works.
- Dolores Olmedo Museum:
-A very special place with a great collection of Diego Rivera's works and the world's largest collection of Frida Khalo's paintings. In that house lived Dolores Olmedo. She was a Mexican philanthropist, businesswoman, and musician best known for her friendship with Frida Kahlo and her husband Diego Rivera.
-Pickup and drop-off from/to meeting point
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Blue House, the Anahuacalli Museum, and the Dolores Olmedo Museum
- Transport with air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide (during transportation in the van. You will visit the museums by your own)
-Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Guided visit inside the museums
- Food and drinks
-Infants 0-2 years old: free
Depending on the location of your hotel, you will need to direct one of the following meeting points - Cinepolis Diana Cinema: Paseo de la Reforma 423, Cuauhtémoc, 06500 Mexico City (In front of St Regis Hotel and the Diana Roundabout or traffic circle). Pick-up time: between 8.30am and 8.45am - Fiesta Americana Reforma Hotel Mexico City: Paseo de la Reforma 80, Cuauhtémoc, 06048 Mexico City (In the Starbucks Café which is next to Fiesta Americana Reforma Hotel and in front of Colon Roundabout or traffic circle). Pick-up time: between 8.45am and 9.00 - Sanborns Café Bellas Artes: Av. Juárez 14, Col. Centro CDMX (In the corner of Juarez Av. And Lóopez Street). Pick-up time: between 9.00am and 9.15am.
What to Remember
-Please contact the local tour operator right after your booking to arrange your meeting point and pick-up time.
- The itinerary is subject to change during holidays and special occasions.
- Please note: you will receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins, but the refund does not include the US$13.50 Frida Museum admission fee. Tickets for the Blue House are scarce, so the tour organizer must purchase them in advance once the tour reservation is received.
- Some objects and paintings of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera might be borrowed by other museums around the world.
- During transportation, the guide will give you an overview of the museums and useful information about the best works to see. Then, you will visit the museums by your own, and you will have enough time to explore each museum without a rush.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.