STEP Walking Tour Río Secreto Nature Reserve
Language: English, Spanish, French
Duration: From 2 hours to 4 hours
- A walking tour through the Rio Secreto Nature Reserve.
- Ride your bike or go on a hike through this pristine natural park.
- Make a splash by hiking along an underground river.
- Rare plants and wildlife may be seen.
- Take part in a healing ritual with a Mayan healer from the area.
Until 2007, the Rio Secreto – also known as the Secret River – lived up to its name. This incredible underground waterway, discovered only in the last decade, is now one of Mexico's most pristine patches of nature. Experience a STEP walking tour that takes you on a bike and hike through this stunning natural beauty spot.
You'll be picked up from your hotel and taken deep into the jungle, where adventure awaits. You'll set out with an expert guide along ancient Mayan trails that are now part of the Rio Secreto Nature Reserve. Cycle along forest paths, learn about the exotic flora and fauna that thrive here, and discover the legend of the sacred La Ciaba tree.
You'll then meet a traditional Mayan healer who will perform a ritual with sahumerio – a traditional incense made from local herbs. Then, wade through the underground river's pristine waters, admiring the stunning stalactites and stalagmites along the way. Finally, there's a well-deserved buffet lunch with drinks at the end.
- Soft drinks
- Walking tour
- Exclusive TUI itinerary
- Bike tour
What to Remember
-Not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- Not suitable for families with small children.
- Children must be supervised by an adult (over 18 years) at all time.
- Bring insect repellent.
- Bring a hat.
- Bring suitable footwear.
- Please note that all times are approximate and subject to change.
- This experience is part of STEP, a selection of walking tours designed as a way to discover a destination in more depth, finding hidden gems, meeting the locals and exploring off the beaten path.
- This experience doesn't follow our general cancellation policy. If you need to cancel, you must do so at least 48-hours in advance to receive a full refund.
- Not suitable for guests with cardiac or respiratory problems.
- Bring bathing gear and sunblock.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.