Teotihuacan and Guadalupe Shrine Private Tour
Language: English, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch
Duration: 6 hours
- On a private tour, learn about Mexico's religious heritage.
- Visit the Basilica of Guadelupe, which is the second most visited site in the world after the Vatican.
- Explore Teotihuacan, also known as "The Place Where Men Become Gods."
The private tour begins at your hotel or place of stay. Visit the Sanctuary of Guadalupe, a 2,500-year-old archaeological site in Teotihuacán, and the colonial church of Santiago in Tlatelolco to learn about Mexico's religious heritage. Along the way, listen to your guide's interesting stories, which bring each site to life.
Your adventure begins with a visit to the Plaza de las Tres Culturas, Tlatelolco's main plaza, and an introduction to Mexico's three major periods of history: pre-Columbian, Spanish colonial, and modern independent mestizo nation.
On your way to Teotihuacán, stop at the church of Santiago, which was built on Mexican temples in 1522, and learn about the last confrontation of the Mexicas against the conqueror Hernán Cortés. Also, on your way to Teotihuacán, stop for a Mezcal and Pulque tasting.
Then, visit Teotihuacán, a 2,500-year-old settlement known as "the place where the gods were born." As you walk through the Causeway of the Dead, the Pyramid of the Sun, and the Pyramid of the Moon, consider the site's mysterious origins. Admire the serpent-shaped deity sculptures and the bird motifs on the pillars of the Quetzalpapalotl Palace.
Following that, you'll dine at a local restaurant in the area on a traditional Mexican meal. Following that, you'll visit the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mexico's largest Sanctuary, where it is said that Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared to San Juan Diego. Consider the old and new basilicas here, which house the tilma (mantle) of San Juan Diego. The tour concludes with a return to your hotel.
-Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Private guide
- Food and Drink only (no buffet)
Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information on the voucher after booking.
What to Remember
-Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information on the voucher after booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Use of face mask is mandatory for travelers in all public areas.
- Use of face mask is mandatory for guides in all public areas.
- Facial mask is provided for travelers.
- Hand sanitizer is available for travelers and staff.
- Social distancing is mandatory throughout the experience.
- High traffic areas are regularly sanitized.
- All equipment is sanitized between uses.
- Transport vehicles are regularly sanitized.
- It is required for guides to wash their hands regularly.
- We do regular temperature controls for staff.
- We have temperature controls for travelers at the beginning of the experience.
Check out time for the tour is at 09.00am from the hotel where you are staying, always and when it is inside the center of Mexico City.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.