The Traveler's Table Food Tour with Dinner and Tequila Mescal Tasting
Duration: 3 hours
- With the help of a professional chef, sample the flavors of the Mayan empire.
- Dine with travelers from all over the world over a 5-course meal.
- Learn about new flavors and aromas.
- Discover and enjoy the flavors of Spain, Africa, and the Middle East.
You are invited to a one-of-a-kind dining experience at the exclusive beach club Punta Venado outside of Playa del Carmen. Enjoy this unique combination of gastronomy, storytelling, hands-on participation, social interaction, and entertainment! Take a trip back in time and discover flavors and techniques from the Mayan empire to the present. While sharing this 5-course meal with travelers from all over the world, learn and taste the influences of Spain, Africa, and the Middle East with deliciously paired wines, mezcals, and tequilas.
6.30pm - Arrival at the luxurious beach club at Punta Venado
6.35pm - Welcome cocktail and wine aroma identification game
7.00pm - Get shown to your seats and take part in a group cocktail class (Mixology class)
7.40 pm - Trio of Mayan appetizers with wine pairing
8.00pm - Traditional "caldo de piedra" (soup) with wine) pairing
8.20pm - First main course themed around Spanish influences, with wine pairing
8.35pm - Second main course themed around the Middle East and African influences, with wine pairing
9.00pm - Tequila and Mezcal tasting
9.10pm - Dessert (chocolate served 5 ways)
9.30pm - Group photos and transport back to hotels
-Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned van
- English-speaking foodie guide
- 5-course tasting menu
- 5 boutique wine pairings
- 1 cocktail class
- Tequila and Mezcal tasting
- Sparkling wine and water
You will indicate your pick-up location at checkout. Please meet the guide in the lobby of your hotel.
What to Remember
-The minimum age required is 18 years old.
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all guests.
- The restaurant is on the beach so please bring shoes appropriate for sand.
- You should wear smart/casual clothing, in winter it can get cooler, so bring something warm to wear.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 1% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.