Old Panama and Casco Antiguo Tour
Language: English, French, Spanish
Duration: 4 hours
- Discover the history of Old Panama, the first European city built on the Americas' Pacific coast.
- Visit Casco Antiguo, which was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997.
- Admire the 17th-century colonial architecture.
Explore Panama Viejo (Old Panama), and walk around the ruins of what was the first European city built on the Americas' Pacific coast.
During the Spanish dominance in Latin America, this city was an important transit and wealth accumulation destination (particularly for gold and silver). Learn about the many events that shook this city, such as fires, pirate attacks, and earthquakes, as well as the epic battle between Sir Henry Morgan's troops and Don Juan Pérez de Guzmán, the general of the old Panama, which reduced it to ruins. The city was never rebuilt, and the new Panama City was established slightly southwest of its original location (around 8km away).
Following that, you'll go to Casco Antiguo, the second town founded by Spaniards on the Americas' Pacific side, built after the near-total destruction of Old Panama. You can see the first institutions and buildings of Panama's modern city here.
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
You will indicate your pickup location at checkout.
What to Remember
-Wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- Infants must sit on laps.
- Not suitable for pets.
- This tour will have a maximum of 10 participants.
- This tour requires good weather to run, it may be rescheduled or canceled due to bad weather.
- Pickup service is available for all hotels in Panama City and Playa Bonita (Hotels Dream and Westing). A specific meeting point will be provided for participants staying in private residences or other accommodations.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.