Barranco and Pachacamac Guided Tour
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Go to Barranco, Lima's most bohemian neighborhood, and marvel at the Pachacamac archaeological site.
- View a variety of pyramidal temples and enclosures from various periods.
- The Temple of the Sun offers spectacular vistas.
A half-day guided tour will take you through Peru's past and present. The journey begins in Barranco, Lima's most bohemian neighbourhood and the best place to experience the city's nightlife. The Central Park of Barranco, the Municipal Library, the classic Bridge of Sighs, colonial homes, and the famed promenade will all be visible. After there, you'll travel down the South Pacific Coast Highway to Pachacamac, Peru's most important ceremonial center during pre-Inca and Inca periods.
Pilgrims visited this vast edifice to pay tribute to Pachacamac, the creator god. Pachacamac was occupied by several distinct Andean civilizations over the years, including the Limas, the Wari", the Ichma's, and eventually the Inca Empire. Several pyramidal temples and enclosures from various times can be found. Aside from the ruins, there is an on-site museum with pottery, textiles, shell and stone ornamentation, and the wooden Pachacamac idol discovered during excavations in 1938.
-Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Roundtrip transportation
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Admission to Pachacamac archaeological complex and the site museum
- Food and drinks
- Children (age 3-11)
You will coordinate your pick-up time and location directly with the local operator. Pick-up is available only from hotels located in Miraflores and San Isidro. If your hotel is located at the historic center of Lima, meeting points are the following: Sheraton Lima hotel and San Agustín Riviera hotel. You must be ready and waiting in the hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. PLEASE NOTE: The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences; if you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point (You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking).
What to Remember
-Please contact the local operator before your tour date to arrange your pick-up. You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Pick-up is available from hotels located in Miraflores and San Isidro. If your hotel is located at the Historic Centre of Lima, meeting points are the following: Sheraton Lima hotel and San Agustín Riviera hotel. The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The Pachacamac archaeological complex closes on Sunday afternoons and Monday.
- You should wear comfortable clothing and shoes. It is important to carry sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.