Classic Private Tour with Local Market, Cordano Tavern, Cathedral and Casa Aliaga
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: 6 hours
- Explore a local market for a wide range of Peruvian products.
- Stop into a classic Cordano tavern for a traditional snack.
- Visit Lima's gorgeous historic center, which has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take in the sights and learn about the history of Casa Aliaga.
The excursion will begin in a wholesale fruit market, where the most expensive gems of the coast, highlands, and forest may be found. Before you arrive in Lima's old downtown, sample some tasty and refreshing fruit juices. Visit the Presidential Palace, Main Square, and other historic structures in the area that are still in use. You'll also see the cathedral, Peru's biggest church, which was erected between 1542 and 162. After that, you'll visit the Cordano bar, where you'll try the famed pan con jamón (Peruvian ham sandwich), and then you'll see the Aliaga House, a historic viceregal structure built by Francisco Pizarro for one of his commanders (Jerónimo de Aliaga) when he founded the city.After that, you'll visit a local restaurant for a piqueo (taste) of various Peruvian foods.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Touristic transportation
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish)
- Appetizer in Cordano tavern
- Tickets to the cathedral and Casa Aliaga
- Pick-up from private residences
Children (age 5-10)
You will coordinate your pick-up time and location directly with the local operator. Pick-up is available only from hotels located in Miraflores, San Isidro, and the historic center of Lima. You must be ready and waiting in the hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. PLEASE NOTE: The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences; if you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point (You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking).
What to Remember
- Please contact the local operator before your tour date to arrange your pick-up. You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Pick-up is available from hotels located in Miraflores, San Isidro, and Lima historic center. The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
- Please note that the cathedral is closed on Sunday morning. In replacement, you will visit the Santo Domingo church.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.