Private Culinary Tour with Local Market, Cooking Demo, Larco Museum and Lunch
Duration: 6 hours
- Go to a local market to see a wide range of vegetables and merchandise.
- Sample a Creole meal while admiring the culinary skills of skilled cooks.
- See the most comprehensive pre-Hispanic collection of gold and silver artifacts in the Larco Museum.
- View over 45 thousand archaeological artifacts.
Enjoy a fantastic tour for foodies! Before going on to the Surquillo market, you will stop at a wholesale fruit market to sample some wonderful and fresh fruit juices. A vast selection of vegetables and fruits, as well as all of the fresh aromatic herbs, are available there. Then you'll visit the Larco Museum, which is housed in a viceregal mansion built on a 7th-century pre-Columbian pyramid. Admire the most comprehensive pre-Hispanic gold and silver collection, as well as portrait and art pottery sexy. More than 45 thousand archaeological items stand silent witnesses to Peruvian history spanning three thousand years.Following the museum visit, you will be treated to a culinary demonstration and a Creole lunch, during which you will be able to sample a range of Peruvian cuisines. You will be returned to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Touristic transportation
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English)
- Entrance ticket to Larco Museum
Children (age 5-10)
You will coordinate your pick-up time and location directly with the local operator. Pick-up is available only from hotels located in Miraflores, San Isidro, and the historic center of Lima. You must be ready and waiting in the hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. PLEASE NOTE: The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences; if you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point (You will find their contact information in the voucher after the booking).
What to Remember
- Please contact the local operator before your tour date to arrange your pick-up, and advise any specific dietary requirements. You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Pick-up is available from hotels located in Miraflores, San Isidro, and the historic center of Lima. The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- You should wear comfortable clothing.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before the experience begins.