Tipón, Pikillaqta and Andahuaylillas Guided Tour
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Go to Tipón and see an irrigation system that is considered a hydraulic engineering masterpiece.
- Visit Pikillaqta, the ancestor of the Incas, a well-preserved Wari city.
- Pay a visit to the Andahuaylillas Church, commonly known as the American Sistine Chapel.
- Take in the breathtaking scenery and Inca architecture.
Your tour will begin in Tipón, a series of well-preserved archaeological sites 27 kilometers from Cusco. There are 12 terraces still cultivated, some enclosures, and an irrigation system considered a masterpiece of hydraulic engineering still used by the surrounding people in the town of the same name, where stands an impressive rural colonial home (1650).
Then you'll travel to Pikillaqta, which is associated with the Wari civilisation, the Incas' forefathers. Stone and mud buildings with two and three floors, as well as the head of a condor cut in a rock, are among the 700 structures that encompass more than 3000 hectares. Finally, you'll travel to Andahuaylillas, a village 40 kilometers from Cusco that is home to the Andahuaylillas Church. Because of the excellent quality of the pieces of art located there, it is also known as the Sistine Chapel of America. You will return to Cusco from here.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Touristic transportation
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English)
- Ticket to Andahuaylillas church
- Cusco Tourist ticket (BTC)
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up from private residences
Children (age 3-11)
You will coordinate your pick-up time and location directly with the local operator. Pick-up is available from hotels located at Cusco historic center. You must be ready and waiting in the hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. PLEASE NOTE: The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences; if you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point (You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking).
What to Remember
- Please contact the local operator before your tour date to arrange your pick-up. You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Pick-up is available from hotels located at Cusco historic center. The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
- Please note: To visit Tipón and Pikillaqta sites, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You should wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.