Moray and Maras Half-Day Guided Tour
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: 6 hours
- Visit Maras, a salt extraction facility that has been in operation since the Incas.
- Take a look at Moray, a massive concentric circle structure.
- Take a journey through the Sacred Valley from Cusco.
Depart from your Cusco accommodation and travel along the Sacred Valley to the Moray archaeological site, which is about an hour and a half away. The actual function of Moray's mysterious concentric circular terraces, as with many Inca monuments, is unknown, yet the design of ever-wider concentric circular terraces meant that each level had a different microclimate. Then you'll travel to Maras, an incredible salt mining complex. The salt deposits were an important economic hub and a valuable asset to the imperial economy during Inca times.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Touristic transportation
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English)
- Ticket to Maras
- Cusco Tourist ticket (BTC)
- Children (age 3-11)
You will coordinate your pick-up time and location directly with the local operator. Pick-up is available from hotels located at Cusco historic center. You must be ready and waiting in the hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. PLEASE NOTE: The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences; if you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point (You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking).
What to Remember
- Please contact the local operator before your tour date to arrange your pick-up. You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Pick-up is available from hotels located at Cusco historic center. The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
- Please note: The visit to Maras is subject to changes during the months of December to March due to weather reasons (rainy season).
- To visit Moray, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC).
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You should wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.