Nazca Lines Full-Day Tour from Lima
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: Up to 15 hours
- Uncover the secrets of Peru's enigmatic Nazca Lines.
- Take a flight from Lima to a destination of your choice.
- Take a helicopter ride over this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- In a local restaurant, have a traditional meal.
You will be picked up from your hotel very early in the morning to begin your Nazca Lines air tour. Take in the scenery on the four-and-a-half-hour flight from Lima to Ica's airstrip. A breakfast box will be provided for you along the journey, and you will be escorted by a multilingual guide (Spanish and English). The Nazca Lines are found in the Ica Region, in the Palpa and Nazca valleys, 280 miles south of Lima and close to the Pacific Ocean. At 2000 feet above sea level, they are on the western edge of the Andes.
These massive sculptures range in length from 165 to 985 feet. The mystery of the Nazca Lines rests in the difficulty of the procedure that was employed to make them on the ground; they are highly styled and each is created with a single unbroken line. In 1994, UNESCO listed them as a World Heritage Site.
When you arrive at the airstrip, you'll receive a briefing in an audiovisual chamber before taking the Nazca Lines flight, where you'll be able to witness these large-scale drawings that are only visible from the air. During your 1-hour flight, you'll see the most well-known figures, like the hummingbird, monkey, spider, and whale, among others. During the sixteenth century, Spanish colonizers and explorers first reported the Nazca Lines, but they were mistaken for route marks and roadways. Scholars didn't start investigating them until the twentieth century, after the first planes flew over and discovered that they weren't just lines, but representations of animals, insects, humans, and plants.
Finally, you'll travel to Huacachina, a desert oasis in the center of Ica. You will return to Lima after a delectable lunch in a local restaurant.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Lima
- Box breakfast
- Flight from the Airport of Ica
- Airfield taxes
- Tour conductor during the transfer
- Local guide (Spanish, English)
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children ( age 3-11)
- Infants (age 0-2): free of charge
Pick-up from hotels located in Miraflores, San Isidro, and Downtown. Please contact the local operator to arrange your pick-up. You will find their contact information on the voucher after booking.
What to Remember
- Please contact the local operator to arrange your pick-up. You will find their contact information on the voucher after booking.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes recommended.
Daily at 6.00 AM
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before the experience begins.