Sacred Valley: Chinchero, Maras, Moray, Ollantaytambo, Pisac Market Private Tour
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: 10 hours
- Visit Maras, a salt extraction station that has been in operation since the Incas, to see spectacular Inca sites in the Sacred Valley.
- Discover Moray, a massive concentric circle structure that served as an agricultural laboratory.
- Step back in time at Ollantaytambo with its cobblestone alleys, ruins, and quaint stores.
The tour begins in Chinchero, which was one of the Inca empire's most important populations. It was, however, a victim of the abolition of idolatries, an action that saw traditional deities supplanted with Catholic deities in order to change popular beliefs. Then you'll go to Maras, an outstanding salt mining complex. They are massive salt reserves that are traded with other parts of the empire for other goods. The archaeological site of Moray, on the other hand, comprises of strange concentric circular terraces that some researchers believe to be an agricultural research center.
After some free time for lunch, travel to Ollantaytambo, a typical example of Inca urban layout. Although it was a Tambo, a resting and lodging spot for long-distance travelers, the archaeological complex was termed fortification. Finally, you will explore Pisac's citadel. Hundreds of stalls line the market, showing and selling things made by locals.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Touristic transportation
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English)
- Ticket to Maras
- Cusco Tourist ticket (BTC)
- Pick-up from private residences
Children (age 5-10)
You will coordinate your pick-up time and location directly with the local operator. Pick-up is available from hotels located at Cusco historic center. You must be ready and waiting in the hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. PLEASE NOTE: The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences; if you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point (You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking).
What to Remember
- Please contact the local operator before your tour date to arrange your pick-up. You will find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Pick-up is available from hotels located at Cusco historic center. The tour does not include the pick-up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact the local operator days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
- To visit Moray and Ollantaytambo fortress, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC).
- The visit to Maras is subject to changes during the months of December to March due to weather reasons (rainy season).
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You should wear comfortable clothing.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.