Oradea Walking Tour
Language: English, German
Duration: Up to 3 hours
- Visit one of Western Romania's most important economic, social, and cultural centers.
- Participate in an extensive walking tour of Oradea.
- Take a look at the majestic fortress.
- Take a stroll around the town's heart.
- Take in the Secession-style architecture.
- Gain a better understanding of the city's history.
This 3-hour walking tour takes you through one of Western Romania's most important economic, social, and cultural centers. Your day will begin with a pick-up from your hotel in central Oradea, followed by a walk to the old fortification. This citadel, which was first recorded in 1113 and was overrun by Tatars, Turks, and the Habsburg Empire over the ages, was recently refurbished with European funds.
After that, you'll go to the town's center. Admire the Secession-style structures, which were popular in numerous cities around the Austro-Hungarian Empire at the turn of the twentieth century. While pointing out instances of Baroque, Neo-Classic, Eclectic, Neo-Gothic, and Neo-Romanesque architecture in the city, you will learn more about the styles' similarities and differences.
- Guided tour
- Professional local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees to the sites (around 15 Romanian leu/ EUR 3)
- Food and beverages
- Students (age 16-24)
- Children (age 0-15): free
What to Remember
- Be ready for a pick-up 10 minutes before the starting time.
- To get a discount students must bring their student ID.
- Entrance fees to the sites are not included, you can buy the tickets during the tour and the total cost is around 15 Romanian leu (EUR 3).
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the experience begins.