Private Hiking and Bear Watching Experience in the Carpathian Mountains
Duration: Up to 8 hours
- Discover the splendor of the Carpathian Mountains.
- Visit the Liberty Bear Sanctuary.
- Enjoy a delicious traditional Romanian picnic.
With a pick-up and transportation from your Brasov lodging, enjoy a private hiking and bear-watching excursion. Visit the Zarnesti bear refuge and the beautiful Carpathian highlands in the Piatra Craiului region.
You will be driven to the mountains, right outside of Zărneşti, following your private pick-up from your Braşov lodging. You'll go to the Bear Sanctuary Liberty, which is one of the most intriguing wildlife conservation projects: about a hundred brown bears were rescued from outdated zoos and illegal animal parks and given a far better life here.
We'll have a delightful picnic at midday, complete with traditional homemade sausages and cheese.
Then you'll travel to the Piatra Craiului Mountains for a 5-hour guided hike through some of Romania's most stunning scenery. Admire the vivid meadows, hear migrating sheep, and be fascinated by the remote mountain settlements as you travel through the countryside.
- English-speaking guide and driver from/to Brasov
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Map of Romania
- Entrance fees (entrance to the Bear Sanctuary in Zarnesti 16,00 EUR per person)
- Additional food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips (optional)
Meet your guide at the agreed-upon location. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
What to Remember
- Tour is available for minimum 2 and maximum of 8 guests.
- This tour includes pick-up in front of your hotel or accommodation in Brasov.
- You will be asked to confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
Daily at 10.00am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.