Private Tour to Balea Lac, Avrig and Carta
Duration: Up to 10 hours
- Take in the scenery along the Transfagasaran Road.
- Hike to Balea Lake, a glacial lake.
- Pay a visit to Carta Abbey, as well as the beautiful palace and gardens in Avrig.
- For a day, get away from the city's noise and traffic.
- Explore the countryside and become a part of the breathtaking scenery.
On this full-day private tour, visit the Transfagarasan, the glacial Balea Lake, the remnants of the Cistercian Abbey of Carta, and the Baroque style mansion and garden in Avrig.
Travel into the Fagaras Mountains on the Transfagarasan route, one of the most beautiful roads in the world.
Hike to the glacial Balea Lake and gaze out the window of Cârţa at the Cistercian Abbey. The remarkable architecture of this monument has been preserved, including capitals, keystones, windows and consoles, and even the 15th-century western gateway.
See the elegant Brukenthal mansion, which was once the vacation seat of Transylvanian Baron Samuel von Brukenthal and was built in 1788. The Baroque building and the wide landscaped royal garden attract visitors to the old Brukenthal Palace.
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Transport with air-conditioned vehicle from/to Sibiu
- Map with Romania
- Entrance fee to the Fortified Church in Carta and Buckental Palace in Avrig (€ 6,00/ person)
- Cable Car at Balea Lake (€ 19,00/person)
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children ages (6-12): reduced
- Infants ages (0-5): free
Piața Mare no. 12, Sibiu 550163, Romania
Board your bus at the Parking Thalia Hall. Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the departure time.
What to Remember
- Minimum of at least 2 guests during booking.
- This trip can be booked also during the winter season! Instead of hiking from Balea Waterfall to Balea Lake you will need to take the cable car.
Daily departure time at 10.00am.
Available days vary depending on the season, see calendar for exact available dates.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.