Private Trekking Tour to the Fagaras Mountains from Brasov
Duration: Up to 9 hours
- Go on a full-day hiking excursion.
- Hike through Romania's most popular massif, the Fagaras Mountains.
- Learn about the historical history of Romania's famous Transfagarasan Road as you drive over it.
- Your journey begins and ends in Brasov. We will take the Transfagarasan Road which is available from July 1 to October 31 and start our journey from there. The roadtakes around 2 hours bydrivingfrom Brasov to Balea Lake, and then you'll climb from Balea Lake to Capra Lake.
- Once there, you and your guide will decide whether to go up to the 2,507-meter Vanatoarea lui Buteanu peak or take a stroll around the lake (depending also on weather conditions on that given day). You will have the option of having lunch at the Balea Lake Hotel at the end of the journey. The hike takes about 4-5 hours in total.
- The hike will be on a separate path in the Fagaras Mountains, in the Valea Sambetei area, from November to June.
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Food and beverages
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel or at your residence in Brasov. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout.
What to Remember
- Maximum of 6 guests per tour group.
- The minimum age to participate is 12 years.
- Waterproof hiking boots and warm clothes are very important.
- This tour requires good physical shape.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.