Day Excursion to Dracula and Peles Castles from Bucharest
Language: English, Italian, French, Spanish
- See the medieval Bran castle, often known as Dracula's castle, and Peles castle, the Romanian Royal family's vacation retreat.
- Enjoy a short walking tour of Brasov's Old Town with a guide.
A full-day excursion outside of Bucharest explores two castles, beginning with a visit to Sinaia's mountain resort, known as the "Pearl of the Carpathians," and Sinaia castle, also known as Peles castle. The monument, which was built between 1873 and 1914, served as the summer palace of the Romanian Royal family and is Romania's most visited museum.
You will witness the Hall of Honor, the Weapons Room, the Music Room, the Library, the King's Office, and other exhibits on the ground floor. Enjoy some free time in the castle gardens after your tour and take in the lovely mountain scenery that surrounds the castle.
Continue your day with a magnificent journey through the Carpathian Mountains to Bran, where you'll explore Bran medieval castle, widely known as Dracula's castle, in approximately an hour. It dates from the 14th century and has long served as a military fortification guarding the Transylvanian border, and it is now usually associated with Dracula's legend.
We will stay in Transylvania and make a brief stop in Brasov, a typical medieval city, before returning to Bucharest. The city, known in German as Kronstadt, was founded by the Saxon population in the 13th century and grew as a commercial colony at the crossroads between Orient and Occident.
You'll come to a halt in Council Square and begin a brief walking tour of the Old Town. You'll learn more about the Saxons' history in Transylvania, enjoy the remarkable and well-preserved architecture, see the Black Church (the city's emblematic building – view from the exterior), and find the Rope Street, Europe's second narrowest street.
- Audio guide in Spanish, Italian and French, available on your mobile phone
- English speaking tour guide
- Walking tour at Brasov downtown
- Pick up and drop off from selected hotels
- Guided tour inside of Peles Castle and Bran Castle
- Pick-up and drop-off from designated areas
- Photo tax (inside of Peles Castle, 35 Lei, optional)
- Entrance fees at Peles Castle (40 Lei) and Bran Castle (45 Lei)
- Lunch (there will be a stop for lunch to eat with the group or by yourself)
Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest, Strada Episcopiei, Bucharest, Romania
JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, 90 Calea 13 Septembrie, Bucharest – pick-up at 07:30
Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest, Strada Episcopiei 1 - 3, Bucharest - pick-up at 07:40
Hilton Garden Inn Bucharest Old Town, Strada Doamnei 12, Bucharest – pick-up at 07:50
InterContinental Bucharest, Bulevardul Balcescu Nicolae 4, Bucharest – pick-up at 08:00
What to Remember
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. If the minimum number of people is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- Maximum group size of 16 people per tour.
- Audio guides are available in Spanish, Italian and French - for your mobile phone.
- During the summertime (May-September), the second stop will be in Brasov, and the last one will be in Bran.
- During the summertime (May-September), the second stop will be in Brasov and the last stop in Bran.
- In the summertime, Peles Castle is closed on Mondays, and during wintertime, on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- On Mondays, (in February and March also on Tuesdays) when Peles Castle is closed, you will visit Cantacuzino Castle instead.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.